Board of Directors, 2022-2023
- President: Kieko Matteson, tenor and mom of two, has been a member of Na Leo Lani since 2014. She first began serving on the board as interim VP in October 2020. As a professor of History at the University of Hawaii-Mānoa, she is happy to put her web skills and administrative experience to use for the chorus.
- Vice President: Kristi Dagdagan is a busy administrative and projects manager and a beautiful bass! In addition to serving as NLL Groupanizer guru for years, she is very active on the board of her children’s charter school and swim team.
- Secretary: Anna Mistele is a bass who has served Na Leo Lani in many capacities, including a three year stint as President. She has worked as an editor for textbooks and was a special education teacher in Honolulu until retirement.
- Treasurer: Janice Olbrich is a CPA and tenor extraordinaire! In addition to managing NLL’s finances, she is a member of Pure Nerves quartet.
- Marketing and PR: Debra New, a bass, is longtime chorus member and former and current member of the Na Leo Lani board. She brings her skills as a leader of the Nalani’ikaleomana Foundation to her role as Marketing & PR chair.
- Membership Chair: Pam Ednie, a longtime Na Leo Lani member and brilliant bass, has worn many leadership hats for the chorus, including President several times over. Pam is leading the charge to welcome members new and old.
- Lead Section Leader: Rosie Ramiro, recently retired middle school counselor. – “Barbershop fascinates me. I joined Na Leo Lani Chorus in 2003, sang bass with Party of Four, then lead with Friends Ensemble, now lead with Friends quartet. I enjoy playing the ukulele, practicing tai chi, volunteering, doing all sorts of arts/crafts, and harmonizing/socializing with a bunch of kooky, dedicated, fun, and talented women. Imua Na Leo Lani!” Rosie is assisted on the Music Team by fellow lead Arlette Harada.
- Tenor Section Leader: Carole Wee joined Na Leo Lani in 1994 and has been tenor section leader for a decade. She also serves as Music Librarian and sings in the Friends quartet. “Na Leo Lani has been a huge part of my life, not only the singing but the camaraderie as well. I’ll sing until I cannot.”
- Baritone Section Leader: Debbie Noguchi has a long history with Na Leo Lani. She sang with the popular quartet, The Skylarks, and brings grace and style to the bari section. Debbie is assisted on the Music Team by fellow bari Wally Wake.
- Bass Section Leader: JoAnne Kirihara has been a foundational voice of the bass section since 1994 and proves that singing keeps one young. As Costume Chair, she has kept Na Leo Lani in style with her inherent class and flair. JoAnne is assisted on the Music Team by fellow bass Anna Mistele.