Board of Directors, 2021-2022
- President: Kieko Matteson, tenor and mom of two, has been a member of Na Leo Lani since 2014. She first began serving on the board as interim VP in October 2020. As a professor of History at the University of Hawaii-Mānoa, she is happy to put her web skills and administrative experience to good use for the chorus.
- Vice President: Kristi Dagdagan is a busy administrative and projects manager and a beautiful bass! In addition to serving as NLL Groupanizer guru for years, she is very active on the board of her children’s charter school and swim team.
- Secretary: Anna Mistele is a bass who has served Na Leo Lani in many capacities, including a three year stint as President. She has worked as an editor for textbooks and was a special education teacher in Honolulu until retirement.
- Treasurer: Joanne (Jojo) Mow keeps the Na Leo Lani finances straight. She is a retired nurse and sings baritone.
- Membership Co-Chair: Eimi Zecha brings business experience and organizational skills to the board. She sings baritone and joined Na Leo Lani in 2016.
- Membership Co-Chair: Nora Chen is a busy Oahu realtor. She sings lead and helps new members find their way with Na Leo Lani.
- Lead Section Leader: Rosie Ramiro, recently retired middle school counselor. – “Barbershop fascinates me. I joined Na Leo Lani Chorus in 2003, sang bass with Party of Four, then lead with Friends Ensemble, now lead with Friends quartet. I enjoy playing the ukulele, practicing tai chi, volunteering, doing all sorts of arts/crafts, and harmonizing/socializing with a bunch of kooky, dedicated, fun, and talented women. Imua Na Leo Lani!”
- Tenor Section Leader: Carole Wee joined Na Leo Lani in 1994 and has been tenor section leader for a decade. She also serves as Music Librarian and sings in the Friends quartet. “Na Leo Lani has been a huge part of my life, not only the singing but the camaraderie as well. I’ll sing until I cannot.”
- Baritone Section Leader: Debbie Noguchi has a long history with Na Leo Lani. She sang with the popular quartet, The Skylarks, and brings grace and style to the bari section.
- Bass Section Leader: JoAnne Kirihara has been a foundational voice of the bass section since 1994 and proves that singing keeps one young. As Costume Chair, she has kept Na Leo Lani in style with her inherent class and flair.