Board of Directors, May 2023 —
- President: Debra New, bass, is a longtime member of Na Leo Lani. As President, she brings her experience as President of the Nalaniikaleomana Foundation and many other organizations.
- Vice President: Pam Ednie, bass, has worn many, many leadership hats for the chorus, over the years, including President several times over. Pam continues to shepherd the chorus in pursuit of harmony.
- Secretary: Anna Mistele is a bass who has served Na Leo Lani in many capacities, including a three year stint as President. She has worked as an editor for textbooks and was a special education teacher in Honolulu until retirement.
- Treasurer: Janice Olbrich is a CPA and tenor extraordinaire! In addition to managing NLL’s finances, she is a member of Pure Nerves quartet.
- Director at large: Nora W. Chen is a busy realtor and a stalwart member of our lead section. This is her second stint on the Board of Directors. Driven by a sense of volunteerism, she is willing to step forward on any committee where she is needed.
- Lead Section Leader: Rosie Ramiro, recently retired middle school counselor. – “Barbershop fascinates me. I joined Na Leo Lani Chorus in 2003, sang bass with Party of Four, then lead with Friends Ensemble, now lead with Friends quartet. I enjoy playing the ukulele, practicing tai chi, volunteering, doing all sorts of arts/crafts, and harmonizing/socializing with a bunch of kooky, dedicated, fun, and talented women. Imua Na Leo Lani!” Rosie is assisted on the Music Team by fellow lead Arlette Harada.
- Tenor Section Leader: Carole Wee joined Na Leo Lani in 1994 and has been tenor section leader for a decade. She also serves as Music Librarian and sings in the Friends quartet. “Na Leo Lani has been a huge part of my life, not only the singing but the camaraderie as well. I’ll sing until I cannot.”
- Baritone Section Leader: Debbie Noguchi, our bari MT leader, is currently on leave. Fellow baris Wally Wake and Jojo Mow fill in on an as-available basis.
- Bass Section Leader: JoAnne Kirihara has been a foundational voice of the bass section since 1994 and proves that singing keeps one young. As Costume Chair, she has kept Na Leo Lani in style with her inherent class and flair. JoAnne is assisted on the Music Team by fellow bass Anna Mistele.
Past BOD members (not comprehensive)
- Kieko Matteson, tenor, BOD 2020-2023
- Dana Taylor, lead, BOD 2017-2020
- Kristi Dagdagan, bass, BOD 2021-2023
- Joanne (Jojo) Mow, bari, BOD (many times!)
- Rosie Ramiro, lead, BOD
- Arlette Harada, tenor & lead, BOD
- JoAnne Kirihara, bass, BOD